MAKE A STRONG SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY DURING THE PANDEMIC!
With the shifting media landscape during this crisis, it’s important for your entire team to have clear guidelines on how to share messages online.
Here are some tips and considerations that can prevent sticky situations later on:
1. Create a code of conduct for your page.
2. Have a clear outline of what to post. Determine a clear outline of what can and cannot be posted before you begin, such as images below a certain quality or color, or if you can post graphics and where to source them from.
3. Engage followers with dialogue.
4. Respond to everything, as much as you can. Show your consumers there’s someone on the other side of the screen reading and engaging with them by responding to their comments, especially if they’re expressing frustrations about finding it difficult to reach you through your other lines of communication.
5. Move conversations off the feed into the messages.
6. Invest in social media monitoring. Social media monitoring platforms provide insight into conversations taking place regarding your brand, giving you the opportunity to see consumer opinions.